The Tahoma Activist

"Changing the Media, One Story at a Time"

This website is your Pierce County source for progressive news and opinion. If you want to be a part of The Tahoma Activist, send all submissions here. We will print anything that makes sense and touches on the important issues of the day.

Sunday, October 15, 2006

I hereby endorse Darcy Burner, and you should too


Okay, I know what you're thinking. "The liberal left-wing wacko Tahoma Activist is supporting a middle-of-the-road run-of-the-mill Democrat for Congress? What the hell is going on? I thought you were a Pinko Commie Green!"

It's true, I am a pinko commie green (although I abhor totalitarianism in all its forms). But this is about the future of our democracy. And while I can't quite bring myself to support Senator Cantwell, given that her free trade policies and pro-war belligerence are just way too anti-human for me, I can support a candidate who will be possibly tipping the balance between Democrats winning Congress by a hair and Democrats having a safe, comfortable lead with which to leverage an impeachment.

I want an impeachment, both of Dick and George Bush. I want it more than anything I've ever wanted in my entire fucking life. (And yes, I did just swear. I know I never swear on this page, but I really want Bush in prison, like now) And the only way we're getting an impeachment of these two murderers is if we have a strong lead in the House, such that Democrats will feel politically safe enough to pursue something that will be seen as a political attack on the President.

If Darcy wins, due to the heavy pouring of money by the Democratic Party, she will be matched by heavy spending by the Republican Party for Reichert. And the way I see it, every dollar spent to move Democrats to the polls is like four dollars spent to convince Republican-leaning folks to hold their nose and vote for this turkey, which means four dollars that won't be spent on protecting Doc Hastings or Cathy McMorris, or any of the other republican turkeys that need to be kicked out of office in this state. But most importantly, supporting Darcy Burner with cash will show the big boys in Washington that the Netroots has what it takes to deliver the goods, even in fairly low-level races like this one.

If we can do this in this state, it's my belief that this movement will spread, and hopefully, we'll have enough power to knock these Rethugs off their perch for a long, long time.

Yeah, yeah, she's got good ideas on this or that liberal policy, but most important for us on the Left is she will represent a Democratic tide that wins in November.

Put your money where your mouth is, Washington. This is your chance to make democracy work for We the People.

Do it today. And be glad you had the chance to save this country from the worst President this country has ever had.

Here's a link to my Act Blue Page for Darcy Burner.

Categories: Free & Fair Elections, Politics - Local


StumbleUpon Toolbar

2 Comments:

At 7:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The house can impeach all it wants, but the Senate has to convict. Not regaing the Senate by losing Maria Cantwell won't get you anywhere near your desires.

DAve Gibney

 
At 7:37 PM, Blogger Tahoma Activist said...

They aren't simply my desires, Dave Gibney, they are the needs of a population that has been totally betrayed by some seriously disgusting and depraved lunatics masquerading as honest Republicans.

If voting for Aaron Dixon wins the seat for McGavick, and McGavick casts the deciding vote to save Bush and Cheney from prison, I will eat my words. In fact, I will be eating my words all the way to Canada or wherever I run to to escape this fascist nightmare. But I will remember your sage counsel.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home