The Tahoma Activist

"Changing the Media, One Story at a Time"

This website is your Pierce County source for progressive news and opinion. If you want to be a part of The Tahoma Activist, send all submissions here. We will print anything that makes sense and touches on the important issues of the day.

Friday, November 17, 2006

Evergreen teachers form a union!

As a Greener Grad and a trade unionist myself, I am so happy to know that the faculty of The Evergreen State College now have representation. Here's the story from the Olympian.

There are so many great teachers at that school, and I know that they will all benefit from this decision, even the ones who voted against it. I checked out the faculty pages, and I saw that Rick McKinnon of OlyBlog is an adjunct faculty member there. Let's all head over and let him know how proud we are of him and all the other members of Washington's newest union!

Categories: Organized Labor, Local News


StumbleUpon Toolbar

1 Comments:

At 10:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Excellent news!

I hope you don't mind if I add your link to my website:

http://dagger.freeflux.net/blog/

The link will be on the right hand side in a few minutes.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home