The Tahoma Activist

"Changing the Media, One Story at a Time"

This website is your Pierce County source for progressive news and opinion. If you want to be a part of The Tahoma Activist, send all submissions here. We will print anything that makes sense and touches on the important issues of the day.

Friday, January 12, 2007

Postal workers should oppose Bush's treason

Here's the latest letter I've sent to the News Tribune on this issue:

I'm a letter carrier here in Tacoma. Recently, President Bush's signing statement authorizing the opening of citizens' mail without a warrant has me extremely concerned.

Today I had the opportunity to confront the new Postmaster of Tacoma during work. I asked her directly whether this signing statement truly allowed the President to do this.

She said no. She said that the President misspoke, and that the media had blown this into a bigger deal than it really is.

Why don't I believe her? Could it be because the President has already been caught admitting that he's spied on Americans without warrants?

This is one postal worker who won't take it lying down.


StumbleUpon Toolbar

3 Comments:

At 6:34 AM, Blogger Tahoma Activist said...

Okay, I got a couple of anonymous comments saying that I should quit if I feel this way.

These people don't understand the Labor Movement, or American democracy. My job is my livelihood. Without it, my family starves. I should not be forced to quit my job that I love simply because this insane President thinks he can rip open my customers' mail without a warrant.

Folks, if you're gonna leave confrontational comments, please leave a name or some way that I can reach you, or else I won't print your comments. Rudeness is not something we love here on The Activist.

 
At 4:03 PM, Blogger BJ the gruntled said...

Good for you Jeff. I agree 100% with your sentiments, both about Bush and those balless "anonymous" people who want to attack your Constitutional rights.

I am a bit surprised that you would believe your local postmaster's word that Bush "misspoke". We all know that anybody in Postal management is lying if their lips are moving.

BTW, I am a fellow letter carrier and proud member of NALC Branch 147 in Norwalk, CT.

Brian Burgess

 
At 2:06 PM, Blogger MIKE said...

I am a retired letter carrier, but still active in my NALC local. Rifling our customers mail by Bush doesn't surprise me. he thinks he is king george.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home