The Tahoma Activist

"Changing the Media, One Story at a Time"

This website is your Pierce County source for progressive news and opinion. If you want to be a part of The Tahoma Activist, send all submissions here. We will print anything that makes sense and touches on the important issues of the day.

Sunday, January 14, 2007

You email Congress, why not the State Legislature?

I know it may sound goofy, but your state legislators really love to hear from you. And if the issue is one that can actually improve society, like public financing of elections, why not make the connection?

I went to the State Legislature and found it was very simple to contact my legislators. Each one had an email webform, and I put my phone number in the text of my message, so I may hear from them soon. And with an issue like public financing gaining greater public esteem, this is a clear winner to start your comments with.

The bill under consideration is public financing of judicial elections, so we don't have any more 2 million dollar elections for judges.

Categories: Free & Fair Elections, Politics - Local


StumbleUpon Toolbar

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home